IPS Ceramics has a long history of supplying cordierite kiln furniture to the ceramics industries around the world going back over 60 years. We understand your production issues in detail, whether you manufacture tableware from bone china, earthenware, fine china or porcelain. We are a supplier to major producers of sanitaryware, hotelware, heavy clay products and technical ceramics.
CHOOSE IPS CERAMICS FOR CORDIERITE KILN FURNITURE
Our cordierite kiln furniture is manufactured to be porous/low density which does limit its mechanical strength compared to other ceramics; however, it is often the most cost-effective material for producing supports for firing, sintering and other heat-treatment processes operating at temperatures between 1000 -1300ºC (1800-2400ºF).
Our cordierite materials have been developed over several decades to give optimum performance:-
- Very low creep rates – giving long-life setters, cranks, batts and support systems used in a wide range of heat treatment processes working at temperatures up to 1300ºC (2400ºF)
- Extremely resistant to thermal shock cracking, allowing use where very rapid heating and cooling rates are present
- Stable at high temperatures; products can be thermally cycled hundreds (sometimes thousands) of times without degradation
- Low density, giving light-weight setters, cranks and batts that save energy in every firing
Our Range of Cordierite Kiln Furniture
IPS Ceramics work with our partner company, Beijing Trend Industrial Ceramics, to provide one of the most extensive ranges of cordierite kiln furniture shapes and sizes. Our range includes:-
- Kiln Shelves, Batts, tiles and plates
- Cover batts
- Tubes and beams
- Props and fittings
- Profile setters
- T-cranks, Y-cranks and pin-crank systems
IPS Ceramics can also offer other kiln furniture materials such as mullite, sillimanite and tabular alumina for specialist applications.
If you would like more information on our cordierite kiln furniture materials or any of our other products and services please don’t hesitate to make an enquiry today.