Alumina tubes & rods Enhanced range - Express service
We offer an enhanced range of 99% alumina tubes:
- Open (OBE) and closed (COE) ends
- Wide variety of sizes, cut to custom lengths
- Stock items despatched within 24 hours
- Same day shipping available with express fee
- Custom length tubes despatched within 48 hours
Alumina tubes stock available in 600mm lengths – these can be cut to your length requirement. We also offer a full range of longer tubes and different diameters on a special-order basis. Browse through the alumina tube shop or Contact our commercial team for more information at:-
Alumina Tubes Stock Sizes Include:
|3mm OD/ 2mm ID||0.12” OD/ 0.08”ID|
|5mm OD/ 3mm ID||0.20” OD/ 0.12”ID|
|10mm OD/ 6mm ID||0.40” OD/ 0.24”ID|
|15mm OD/ 11mm ID||0.60” OD/ 0.43”ID|
|20mm OD/ 15mm ID||0.80” OD/ 0.60”ID|
|30mm OD/ 22mm ID||1.20” OD/ 0.87”ID|
|35mm OD/ 27mm ID||1.38” OD/ 1.06”ID|
|42mm OD/ 30mm ID||1.65” OD/ 1.18”ID|
Alumina is the most widely used technical ceramic and is the material of choice in about 80% of engineering applications due to its excellent combination of properties. Fired at over 1600°C (2910°F) to give a fully dense ceramic, alumina exhibits high mechanical strength and stiffness that is retained at elevated temperature.
Alumina Tubes and Rods are Used in a Wide Variety of Applications
Alumina tubes and rods are found across numerous user industries as a cost-effective yet high-performance solution. The combination of key properties makes them a go-to product in many instances.
- Thermally stable – Alumina can be used in both oxidizing and reducing atmospheres up to 1600°C (2910°F) and in vacuum furnaces up to 1750°C (3180°F).
- Tubes are fully dense, providing a non-permeable tube that protects from contamination and can be used to create a gas-tight assembly.
- Chemical resistance – Alumina is chemically inert and is not corroded by water or steam. It offers good resistance to strong acids and alkalis at elevated temperatures and is ideal for applications where resistance to corrosive substances is required.
- Electrical insulation – Alumina is also widely used as an electrically insulating material. It can be used for insulators operating at elevated temperatures (e.g. furnace lead-in tubes, fuel-cells).
|Max. temperature of use||1600 (2910ºF)||ºC|
|Modulus of elasticity||300||GPa|
To learn more please follow this link.