Alumina tubes & rods Enhanced range - Express service
We offer an enhanced range of 99% alumina tubes.
- Open (OBE) and closed (COE) ends
- Wide variety of sizes, cut to custom lengths
- Stock items dispatched within 24 hours
- Same day shipping available with express fee
- Custom length tubes dispatched within 48 hours
Our Alumina Tube stock is available in 600mm lengths which can be cut to your length requirement. We also offer a full range of longer tubes and different diameters on a special-order basis. For more information, please browse through our Online Alumina Tube Shop or contact our commercial team at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Alumina Tubes and Rods are Used in a Wide Variety of Applications
Alumina is the most widely used technical ceramic and is the material of choice in about 80% of engineering applications due to its excellent combination of properties. Fired at over 1600°C (2910°F) to give a fully dense ceramic, Alumina exhibits high mechanical strength and stiffness which is retained even at elevated temperatures.
Alumina tubes and rods are found across numerous user industries as a cost-effective yet high-performance solution. The combination of key properties makes them a go-to product in many instances:
- Thermally stable – Alumina can be used in both oxidizing and reducing atmospheres up to 1600°C (2910°F) and in vacuum furnaces up to 1750°C (3180°F).
- Fully dense – Alumina provides a non-permeable tube that protects from contamination and can be used to create a gas-tight assembly.
- High chemical resistance – Alumina is chemically inert and not corroded by water or steam. It offers good resistance to corrosive substances such as strong acids or alkalis, even at elevated temperatures.
- Electrical insulation – Alumina is also widely used as an electrically insulating material. It can be used for insulators operating at elevated temperatures (e.g. furnace lead-in tubes, fuel-cells).
|Max. Temperature||1600 ºC / 2910 ºF|
|Bulk Density||3.8 g/cm3|
|Open Porosity||<0.1 %|
|Modulus of Elasticity||300 GPa|
|Bending Strength||300 MPa|
|Thermal Conductivity||25 W/mK|
|Thermal Expansion||8 X10-6/K|
|Volume Resistivity||1014 Wcm|
|Dielectric Strength||20 kV/m|