IPS Ceramics is based in Stoke-on-Trent and has a close connection with the ceramics industry that goes back over 60 years. We are one of the largest suppliers of kiln furniture to the tableware and sanitary ware industries outside of Asia.
The firing process is absolutely central to the manufacture of ceramics. Even the most mundane item of pottery is fired using conditions that are extreme – rapid heating and cooling, peak temperatures hot enough to melt most common materials and kiln atmospheres that can vary from oxidising to reducing. The kiln furniture must survive these conditions not just once but often hundreds of times.
IPS Ceramics offers two types of material for the firing of ceramics – cordierite based and silicon carbide based. Each has its own strengths, but the very best performance is often achieved by using both together. Our kiln furniture materials:-
- Are volume stable at high temperatures, showing no significant shrinkage or growth after extended use
- Have a low thermal expansion to minimise stress build-up during heating and cooling, giving excellent resistance to thermal shock cracking
- Exhibit low creep rates, maintaining shape and flatness after repeated cycles
“Worlds largest supplier of Ceramics”
We offer one of the widest ranges of kiln furniture to match all types of product (tableware, sanitaryware, heavy clay, technical ceramics), all types of firing (once, biscuit, glost, decorating, refire) and all types of material (Porcelain, Stoneware, Earthenware or Bone China). IPS Ceramics kiln furniture offers:-
- Close control of size and shape
- Lightweight supports to minimise energy consumption
- Supports designed to maximise the setting fill
- A long service life due to high-performance materials